Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home Improvements-- Baby Style!

So in preparation for our little boy due to be featured in February, we decided to add a few touches to our little one bedroom apartment. Now, we know that many families will even build on an addition to the house for their newcomer. However, after going over the extensions and floorplans with our contractors, there just doesn't seem any way we can get around BYU's housing rules! Therefore, since expansion is not an option this season, we were left with the option of reorganizing, removing, and adding new pieces to the home!

First, we decided to get a nice area rug so that the little guy will have a softer surface than our carpet to play on! It makes our apartment a little more "busy" but that's ok!




Next, I made a few trip to Micheals and BB&B to redeem some gift cards and coupons for wood letters, painted shapes, wood glue, spray paints, and some cute shelf boxes.
From CutlerClan Pics

Then after a lot of time painting, gluing, clamping (or pressing with cans, since we only have two clamps and I wasn't patient enough to wait), measuring, nailing, and reorganizing, we finally came up with a fun little set up on our wall!
From CutlerClan Pics




Although currently over our TV, this is the wall space that will be above the baby's cradle/crib!
From CutlerClan Pics

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Looks good, guys! I'm impressed with your craftiness! So, do you have a "theme" picked out for him? Let us know if you do so we can plan ahead for a gift for the new nephew!

Marianne said...

So cute Alene & Kelv! I'm way impressed! Way to make a fun little space for your little guy on a limited budget. (I especially love the bright colors...that's how I've decorated my boys' room.)

Hiroko said...

Wow, sooo cute decoration! Very creative! I'm impressed!! Did you put nails to walls? I should do something like that for my boys!

Alene said...

Ya I nailed them in/around them! I know that sort of puts me over my "4 nails per wall limit" but I think it's worth the fee!