Friday, February 6, 2009

Nesting!

As we get closer and closer to the due date of our little guy, I get more and more excited to make everything as perfect as possible for his arrival!


(Here's me today! 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant! Only 17 days to go! Yikes!)

Over the last few weeks, other than just making room for everything (which meant some DI runs for the stuff we can't fit) I think I've deep cleaned the kitchen and bathroom 4 times! There are still some things we need to do, like picking up the beautiful cradle my dad made us, and such; here are some pictures of the things we've done!

First, I whipped out the sewing machine my Grandma Duersch so kindly gave me, and finished making some curtains to hide all the tempting plugs, cords, and outlets in the toy corner of the living room! The machine is a little old but it sure does the trick! Thanks so much Grandma!


Then, we put the old TV from our bedroom in storage, deep cleaned the TV stand and turned it into a little baby center. Then after finding some INCREDIBLE deals, we got a cute little dresser and touch, night stand lamp for our little man!



Lastly, we hung up the adorable animal/letter blocks that my dear friend Christy made us! The perfect touch for the "baby area" of our room!



Oh! And I got a new phone! It was my turn for an upgrade and I wanted something that I could actually take pictures with and recognize what I shot! So we got a red samsung rant! It's so pretty! :-D
http://www.our-picks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sprint_samsung_rant.jpg

2 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Alene! I just love you! congrats on your little one, I am excited for you for the big day!

Mallory said...

I am thoroughly impressed with how your utilized your Wymount space for your nearly arrived little one! We are so excited for you guys!!