Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween!

Some may frown upon me for saying this, but Halloween just isn't one of my favorite holidays. There are some parts to the holiday that I enjoy. For instance, I love how it starts off the holiday season and I love how much many of my family members get into it. I also truly enjoy all the cute and happy parts of Halloween-- kids dressing up, silly carnival-style games, pumpkin carving, chili for dinner, etc-- but I'm not a fan of any of the scary, creepy, or gory. Period.

Needless to say I didn't have any guilty feelings toning down our celebrations this year. I was mostly excited just to dress the boys up, Camden as a tiger, Xan as a giraffe, and Kelv as the zoo keeper!

I also made Camden a Super Camden cape just to wear around the house for fun. He's still getting used to wearing it, and wears it only when I make him. It was just one of those things I knew he just HAD to have and would LOVE! Haha, maybe someday huh?!

In fact, we didn't end up going around trick-or-treating because when Halloween hit the scene:
  1. Xan was barely a week old
  2. There was a heavy downpour during trick-or-treating time
  3. Mommy was still healing from delivery
  4. Camden was just as happy (if not more) to answer the door to trick-or-treaters as he was to go himself
We did however attend a couple ward Halloween parties. (Xan and I only incredibly briefly at one, since he was only 6 days old at the first and I did not like having him out around people.)

My beautiful sister Ruth enjoying Xan the giraffe

My dad in his AWESOME "Hole in One" costume. He won 2, 1st place awards at NuSkin for this costume. He's a retired golfer, and it's hard to tell in this picture but you can "see" straight through him! There's just a golf ball in between! He used some piping and mirrors to create the illusion. It was so great!


We also had a wonderful get together with the Provo half of Kelv's siblings. We enjoyed the traditional chili, corn bread, and apple cider Halloween meal that both Kelv and I grew up enjoying, and just catching up. Thanks for coming guys!

Here's a picture of Jase and Brittni holding Xan for the first time!

No comments: